Automec PC800 Backgauge System
The PC800 is a graphical control for Automec’s family of backgauges that uses digital photos and 2-D graphics to make your pressbrake forming easier and is available in up to 3 axes.
In addition to the 2-D graphical representation of the part forming sequence, PC800 allows you to use jpeg photos of your tools and workpiece to give the operator a better visual representation of each bend. It is as simple as downloading photos from your camera to your home computer. Photos enhance the 2-D graphic simulation because you can see the actual part with all of its cut-outs, holes and insertion hardware. You can see how the operator positions the part on the die and the orientation of the gauge fingers.
Some operators will opt to use both methods of programming on the same job. The part can be created using the 2-D graphics mode to check for tooling interferences, and then, in the run mode the photos of each bend can be substituted for the 2-D graphics. You can use both methods of programming together or separately. The choice is yours.
Tool selection and programming is easy with the PC800. Simply fill in the blanks on a template screen, then select a tool from our preloaded images or photograph your own to store in the tool library. PC800 lets you load a separate tool set for each bend if required. A material list can be created which carries all parameters including thickness, type of material and spring back characteristics. When corrections are made to angles you have the option of storing these corrections for that particular material. This minimizes angle corrections the next time this material is used on another job.
The PC800 uses a Microsoft Windows XP/Win7-32 bit operating system which is familiar to most people and is seamless to network. PC800 is powered by 1.8 GHz Dual Core CPU, 160GB hard drive and 2 GB DDR3 memory giving you virtually unlimited job, tooling and material library storage. Jobs can be programmed at the pressbrake or offline. Data can be entered directly on the 15.1” color LCD touch screen or by using a standard PC keyboard and mouse. The PC800 also comes standard with two external USB ports so that data can be backed up and transferred between machines and digital photos can be quickly downloaded.
- Input power: 110 VAC, 1 Phase 50/60 HZ, 3 amps max
- Operating temperature: 32°F - 120°F (0°C - 50°C)
- 64 Optically isolated 24VDC inputs/outputs
- Automatic axis initialization procedure
- Programmable PLC functions and configurable machine parameters
- PCI Bus DSP motion control card
- 32-bit floating point digital signal processing @ 60 MHz
- Real-time, multi-tasking firmware
- Industrial PC with MS Windows XP/Win7-32 bit operating system
- 1.8 GHz Duel Core CPU, 160 GB hard drive and 2 GB DDR3 memory
- 15.1” Color LCD Industrial touch screen
- Standard PC keyboard
- 2 Serial, 1 Parallel port
- Deterministic logic & motion card control with safety interlocking and alarms
- Programming at the machine and off-line
- 2 external USB ports
- 4 internal USB ports
- X-axis travel 24” or 48”
- Y-axis travel 12” or 24”
- R-axis travel 8.5”
- Axis resolution .001”
- Axis repeatability +/- .002”
- Bend Wizard Graphical User Interface Software with off-line programming
- PC anywhere remote access software for off-site trouble shooting
- Diagnostic & Servo tuning software
- USB memory stick for complete system recovery in less than 20 minutes
- Programmable delay and retract at pinch point
- Inch/mm conversion
- Available up to 3 axes
- 1 year warranty
Click on the "Backgauges" button below to see a complete list of backgauges available for the PC800 or click on the "Brochure" or "Price Sheet" buttons to download PDF versions of our brochure or price sheets. If you don't have Acrobat Reader installed on your system, please click here: