Automec Backguage Controls – Programmable R-axis Features:
- Electric disk brakes hold the gauge bar at the proper height once the R-axis moves to position.
- Manual handwheels can be used when CNC positioning is not required
- Modular Motor Pack – The drive can easily be removed with 4 bolts for service. it includes the motor, amplifier and encoder. this motor pak is the same as the X-axis motor pak for consistency and case of service.
- 8 precision ball -bushing assemblies are used to traverse the gauge bar up and down. Those are the same proven bushings used on the x-axes.
- The uprights consist of 4 3/4″ dia. hardened steel ways mounted to a 1/2″ thick jig plate steel. This allows for perfect and consistent alignment of the ways.
- Precision ball screws and zero backlash nuts on both sides mean fast, precision positioning.
Having Backguage control problems?
Regain productivity of your press brake with a new backguage controls. We upgrade the backguages of most competitors.
Automec upgrades its competitors’ existing press brake / backgauge controls for less than 1/2 the price of purchasing a completely new system. We offer 2-axis control upgrades for Hurco® and Accurpress® backgauges and we offer to retrofit press brake controls for many press brakes in the field today.
Check out the video below for an example of our Accurpress® AP2 Control Upgrade